Lucknow: After skipping three notices, citing ill health and other commitments, former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha finally appeared before vigilance department on Friday to take questions on the Rs 1,400crore memorial scam during Mayawati’s regime. Kushwaha is an accused along with another former BSP minister, Naseemuddin Siddiqui, who was interrogated in July.
Vigilance sources said, Kushwaha initially excused himself on health grounds and then cited an engagement with CBI. He did not respond to the third notice, but on Friday, he was grilled for several hours. The former cabinet minister had to face 100 questions prepared by officials to unravel wrongdoings in construction of memorials in Lucknow and Noida.
Sources privy to the probe disclosed that Kushwaha did not cooperate when tough questions were tossed at him. Siddiqui too had been asked similar questions. “This was just the first round. Several more are in the offing,” said a…

Read more…